Skip to content
Connecting – to create a place of safety and trust where everyone participates:
- Using mindfulness to help us connect with our deeper and more authentic selves.
- Sharing personal stories from this authentic place (with transparency and vulnerability) to establish the foundations for our shared humanity.
Exploring – to deepen mutual understanding:
- Using art in the form of poems, readings or music to help catalyze the exploration.
- Using mindfulness to deepen this exploration.
- Using simple techniques, like sharing in sequence, without interrupting or ‘rehearsing,’ to promote full participation.
- Using fundamental skills, like active listening, and skilled vulnerability to deepen mutual understanding and appreciation of differences.
Discovering – to generate new shared understanding and meaning:
- Holding the tension of differences that surface in the exploring stage to generate new shared understanding.
- Listening FOR and giving voice to this new meaning that surfaces in the form of insights or images, and building new and often surprising – agreements
- Determining next steps, individually and/or together to create momentum.